Sustainable Farm Insights programme
Glanbia Ireland has launched a new knowledge transfer programme in partnership with the media outlet, the Irish Farmers Journal, called Sustainable Farm Insights.
The programme will provide farmers and readers of Farmers Journal with technical information, guidance on new technologies and practical actions designed to boost profitability and environmental sustainability on their farms. It will be a weekly page in the paper, plus additional online materials.
Sean Molloy, Chief Growth Officer with Glanbia Agribusiness, said: “We are pleased to support this Programme, which will support farmers to build on their existing sustainability actions. Farmers are proud custodians of the rural environment; this Programme will showcase good farm management practices which can improve the environment and farm profitability. For example, maximising soil health and nutrient use efficiency is good for water quality, biodiversity, air quality and farm profitability. The Programme will focus on management practices that will deliver for farmers and the environment.”
Also speaking at the launch, Irish Farmers Journal editor Justin McCarthy said that the publication was delighted to partner with Glanbia Ireland on Sustainable Farm Insights. The programme aims to bring the latest research and advice from across the world to farmers to help drive economic and environmental sustainability
The objectives of the Sustainable Farm Insights programme are:
- Driving uptake of the new technologies that will deliver economic and environmental sustainability on farms;
- Promoting good management practices in achieving sustainability goals – to include soil management, water quality, nutrient management, grassland management and genetics;
- Demonstrating how the incorporation of environmental measures can improve both farm bio-diversity and profitability;
- Making farms more energy-efficient and generating income from renewable energy;
- The role of government policy in helping farmers contribute positively to the environmental and climate challenges that lie ahead.
Pictured above: Irish Farmer Journal Editor Justin McCarthy and Head of Sales Mary Delaney with Seán Molloy, Director of Strategy and Supply Development at Glanbia Ireland on the Irish Farmers Journal demonstration farm in Tullamore, Co. Offaly to launch the new Sustainable Farm Insights programme.